Friday, February 25, 2011

Examples of my OWN work.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Work to my own home! 



Trimming back the tree in my front yard..  The trees are beautiful but a nemisis of falling branches, leaves and spanish moss.  Not so much any more.














Tile floor in my kitchen... nicely inlayed patern gives the apearance of rolling out an area carpet.... My wife will be mortified that I caught the edge of a pile of laundry in the back corner of the room..LOL... PLEASE IGNORE THAT!






Slate tile in front entryway.. Discovered wood rot & termite damage in subfloor under old slate tiles.. This was an extensive job which required replacement of floor joists, new pressure treated ply subfloor covered with hardibacker for a very sturdy repair and surface to mount the new tiles too.... difficult because the same slate pattern extends into my front foyer and had to be replicated exactly... Lots of cutting.


Remodel on downstairs (guest) bathroom.  I would love to describe for you the hideous materials I took out this room... two different types of tile, a black cultured marble single bowl sink and vanity top, a black painted sink base and did I forget to mention the 1970's era wall paper.

I know this picture doesn't show it but I reworked the plumbing for a double bowl undermount sinks in with Granite countertops, gorgeous new cabnet base, tile, paint, lighting, fixtures and trim.








 
I installed 1200 SQ FT of hardwood flooring throughout all the primary living areas in the home... Gallons of new paint, lighting fixtures, and trim went into this project as well.






   











My screened porch was torn and delapidated with only the horizontal rail in place.... I added all the vertical under the rail and framed the whole thing in pannel sections of screen frame so that each section can be easily replaced should the need ever arise.  That with a fresh coat of exterior paint and I really enjoy sitting out there listening to the birds chirp with a cup of coffee in the mornings.







Installed interior french doors between the foyer / formal dining / formal living rooms and the family room & hallway... With a curtan mounted to the other side of the door it is nice to be able to answer the front door and not have every visitor see the collosal mess my kids make in the family room...LOL.














A NEW FRONT DOOR!  The old one was falling apart and not very attractive...  Sure love the new one.

















Not only did I replace all the exterior doors on my home but I also replaced every window.  The old windows were single paned, aluminum framed windows with no energy efficiency whatsoever!  They were out of square and you could feel the outside temperatures radiating through them and my JEA bills were astronomical!   My new Pella Vinyl Replacements with double paned, low E, glass were just what the doctor ordered and they look so much nicer.



These are just some of the many projects I have done to my own home.  I hope you will be able to see the quality of my work and trust me to handle your projects as well.  I will be updating regularly with pictures and descriptions of work I have done for customers and as always I invite your comments and input below.

And again, please don't hesitate to contact me at:    jmresent@gmail.com or (904) 626-6833.

No comments:

Post a Comment